De Metz Advocaten N.V. (hereafter referred to as “De Metz”) respects your privacy and strives to protect the collected and processed personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its relevant national implementing legislation. According to the GDPR De Metz qualifies as data controller.
Personal data that we process may include:
- Basic information such as your first and last name, prefix, title and the company you work for;
- Contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address and phone number;
- Personal data that we need to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Personal data provided to us in the course of rendering services;
- Personal data you may provide us for the purpose of a job application, such as your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, nationality, marital status and any other personal data set out in your application.
- Any other personal data relating to you, which you may provide us.
Obtaining your personal data
We obtain the personal data in the following situations:
- When you provide us with your personal data, or when you interact with us directly by e-mail, telephone or letter;
- When you enter into an agreement with us;
- When we collect personal data from other sources, such as local counsel, counterparties, the Trade Register, the Land Registry, commercial databases or by using public sources.
Purposes for processing personal data
- To provide our legal services;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To handle your job application.
The basis for using your personal data
- To conclude and perform a contract;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- For a legitimate interest;
- With your consent.
Sharing with others
De Metz may share your personal data with, amongst others:
- Third parties relevant to the legal services that we provide, such as counterparties, local counsel, bailiffs, courts, regulatory authorities and governmental institutions;
- Third parties that we engage with, such as supervisory authorities and other bodies, in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
Third parties to whom we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. De Metz is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a data processor of De Metz, De Metz will conclude a processor agreement with such party that meets the requirements set out in the GDPR.
To be able to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside of the European Economic Area. In that case, De Metz will ensure that the data transfer is compliant with the applicable law.
De Metz has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. If you have any questions regarding the security of you personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or De Metz Advocaten N.V. attn. Compliance AVG, PO Box 76725, 1070 KA Amsterdam.
- Right of inspection. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse your request for inspection of personal data, for example based on legal professional privilege;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of the personal data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object to profiling;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- The right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you need further information or have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing through: email@example.com or De Metz Advocaten N.V. attn. Compliance AVG, PO Box 76725, 1070 KA Amsterdam.